Rules and regulations
- 1. Minimum Requirements.
- 1. When joining Milan Airways is necessary to indicate the true full name and surname (nicknames are forbidden).
- 1.2. To register you must be at least 16 years old.
- 1.3. You should be able to demonstrate professionalism when flying online and for the VA in general.
- 1.4. ICAO languages should be used, you should have a basic knowledge at least of english so to fly with VA callsign online outside of italian territory and to understand MLN documentation and system.
- 1.5. In case of disrepect of VA/Network rules, your account may be subject to suspension/deleted at discretion of MLN staff.
- 1.6. You should have a basic knowledge of radio communication (when flying online) in italian (english required only for flights outside italian territory).
- 1.7. You should be familar with basics of virtual flight (take off, landing, basic navigation techniques, charts, NDB, VOR, flight plan, routes, etc.).
2. Minimum Activity to be an “active pilot”
- 2.1. For new pilots, we have a policy of maximum 15 days of inactivity, this means that after 15 days without flying after the registration your account will be deleted without further notice.
- 2.2. Your account will become inactive and set on status “On leave”. If no flight is performed within 90 days from last one.
- 2.3. If more than 120 days are passed from last flight, if staff is not informed about any event that caused the impossibility to fly, the account will be deleted.
- 2.4. President, Vice President, CEO, MLN staff is exempted from point 2.2/2.3, as they are mainly engaged in VA management.
- 2.5. In case of any issue with MLN system you are kindly requested to contact staff on firstname.lastname@example.org, so that we can help. If no mail is received, you’ll fall on 2.2/2.3 criteria which means that your account may be deleted.
3. Flight rules
- 3.1. Pilots should strictly adhere to networks’/VA’s regulation (IVAO/VATSIM as applicable) when flying online.
- 3.2. Pilots should behave in a way not to cause any conflict or quarrel online.
- 3.3. In order to be allowed to fly with MLN callsign on IVAO/VATSIM, pilots should have at least 100 flight hours on one of the networks.
- 3.4. Pilots who do not satisfy point 3.3 and want to fly with MLN callsign on IVAO/VATSIM, should perform a test composed by a theoretical part (10 questions) and an online practical test. More information can be found on the file “Milan Airways – IVAO/VATSIM course”, available for download from the “downloads” area of the website.
- 3.5. If a pilot satisfies point 3.3 and any inability is observed by MLN staff during online flight he/she will be required to perform a check in the same way as reported in 3.4.
- 3.6. Pilots should have available all material/documentation necessary to perform the flight (i.e. updated charts, updated Navdata etc.).
- 3.7. Using slew is prohibited both for offline and online flights. ACARS automatically detects if slew is activated during flight. In positve case, it will automatically assign a score of “0”. The PIREP will be rejected and staff will take the necessary measures.
- 3.8. Flight simulation speed should be the real one “1x”. Flights conducted with a different sim speed will be rejected and staff will take the necessary measures.
- 3.9. If the staff receives from IVAO/VATSIM any warning due to behaviour of a pilot, the event will be discussed in the staff board and with the pilot himself/herself and may be deleted.
- 4.1. Pilots who fly online and offline shall use MLN Acars, available for download from the “downloads” area of the website
- 4.2. Pilots cannot make double connection (i.e. flying using MLN Acars while flying for another VA at the same time) and fly online with another callsign while recording the flight using MLN Acars. Any non compliance with this rule means immediate ban of the account
- 4.3. Point 4.2 does not mean that the pilot cannot fly for another VA. Flying for another VA does not mean you can’t fly also with us.
- 4.4. Milan Airways does not recognize the transfer of flight hours flown with other VAs
4.5. Flight performance score policy:
- 4.5.1.Any landing rate below 200 FPM will cause an automatic reduction of the score by 9%
- 4.5.2.Any landing rate below 250 FPM will cause an automatic reduction of the score by 15%
- 4.5.3.Any landing rate below 500 FPM will cause an automatic reduction of the score by 50%
- 4.5.4.Any landing rate below 700FPM will cause the PIREP to be rejected
- 4.5.5.Any crash detected will cause an automatic score of “0” and the PIREP to be rejected
- 4.5.6.If “landing lights on” is detected above FL100/10000ft an automatic reduction of the score by 5% will be triggered
- 4.5.7.If “landing lights off” is detected below FL100/10000ft an automatic reduction of the score by 5% will be triggered
- 4.5.8.If “aircraft overspeed” is detected an automatic reduction of the score by 30% will be triggered
- 4.5.9.Any use of “slew mode” will cause an automatic score of “0” and the PIREP to be rejected as per 3.7
- 4.5.10. If “taxi overspeed” (taxi speed above 30kts) is detected an automatic reduction of the score by 10% will be triggered
- 4.5.11. If “IAS above 250Kts below FL100” is detected an automatic reduction of the score by 10% will be triggered
- 4.5.12. If “beacon light off with engine on” is detected an automatic reduction of the score by 10% will be triggered
- 4.5.13. If “stall” is detected an automatic reduction of the score by 50% will be triggered
- 4.6. If possible, flights should be conducted using the applicable Milan Airways/NetJet livery, available for download from the website. In case a livery for an aircraft type present on the fleet is not available, please contact MLN staff. After an internal evaluation, staff will decide if the livery will be created or not, informing the pilot who did the request. As a backup only default liveries could be used.
5. Manual PIREPs
- 5.1. Manual PIREP system is available in case of ACARS problems.
- 5.2. Manual PIREP may be sent only if so authorized by MLN staff. Before sending, send an email to email@example.com, attaching the evidence of the issue encountered. After, if authorized, the pilot may send the Manual PIREP
- 5.3. The Manual PIREP shall be sent only if the flight has been performed within the last 24 hours
- 5.4. All form fields shall be correctly completed
- 5.5. After an evaluation, the PIREP will be accepted/rejected by MLN staff
- 6.1. Milan Airways VA has no real connection to any real airline company
- 6.2. Milan Airways is a free community composed by people with a passion for flying, based on friendship and respect of each others
- 6.3. Milan Airways is not liable for damage and/or malfunction of any equipment used by the user to make our flight operations, not liable for damages resulting from the use and utility of our creation freely downloadable from our website www.milanairways.com.
- 6.4. Milan Airways disclaims any civil/criminal liability for any damaging event caused by its users against other users internal or external to the community.
- 6.5. The logo of Milan Airways and logo of “Comune di Milano”, is intellectual property of “Comune di Milano”
- 6.6. The Milan Airways Virtual community is free to members and is NOT a company or organisation for profit
- 6.7. Milan Airways regulation is essential and unquestionable as weel as staff decision
- 6.8. Pilots who join our Discord channel has to adhere to regulation of the channel itself. These rules may be found directly on the “regulation” channel.
- 6.9. MLN staff provides support to users via email at the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org and via Discord using “technical support” channel. Support will be provided only for VA system/ACARS. No support will be provided on simulator/hardware issues.